Below are the Bouffard Transfer & Storage Moving Processes and Procedures. Please read them carefully and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. Pictures, mirrors, and lamps need to be packed. If moving locally, it might be easier and more cost-effective to move some of these items yourself.
2. We do not insure boxes that you have packed unless there is obvious damage to the box during transit.
3. We do not insure particle board furniture and/or water leaks (i.e., washer and refrigerator lines).
4. We do not insure any items that have been bought new, that is still in its box, that has not been opened and/or inspected or turned on.
5. If we quote you an hourly rate, it is usually based on a three-man crew. In the event, more or less men show up or leave from your move, the hourly rate will be adjusted for how many men were working. We reserve the right to add or take men from your job. The final price will be the same no matter how many men are working.
6. When moving with us, you can leave all your dresser drawers full, except for antiques and particle board. Please remove the breakable and spillable items.
7. All lateral file cabinets and desk drawers must be emptied prior to moving. Standard file cabinets can stay full.
8. You can save money on packing material by putting all linens, pillows, towels, sheets, comforters, etc., into large, heavy-duty trash bags.
9. Our trucks are equipped with hanging clothes racks. We will take your clothes out of the closets, hang them in our trucks, then put them back in your closets for you, except for your ties, belts, and scarves.
10. We can disassemble/reassemble your beds, mirrors from dressers, desks, china cabinets, etc. Or you can do so if you want to save time.
11. When packing your own boxes, the tops and bottoms must be sealed. We will not move anything if they can fit into a box or bag that is not packed. Be sure to mark the boxes accordingly if you want us to place them in the appropriate room at your destination.
12. We accept personal checks and/or cash. We do not accept credit cards.
13. In the event that it rains, we cover the main walkways through the house. And if there is light rain, we will cover the furniture and keep working. If it is raining heavily, we will wait until the rain slows down before continuing.
14. The most common cost-effective way to move is to allow our trucks to park in your driveway. The truck will leave black marks but will wash off after a few rains. If you want us to park our trailers in the street, we will be happy to, but the moving cost will be more.
15. We will cover the major walkways in your house when needed. But we cannot wear protective covers over our footwear or remove footwear due to insurance requirements.
16. Remove all keys from file cabinets, fire vaults, lockboxes, china cabinets, desks, gun cabinets, toolboxes, grandfather clocks, and curio cabinets.